Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Essie Fiji with Nicole by OPI Dream Maker

Essie Fiji is a stark pink pastel; the formula isn't excellent, and requires about three coats to be totally even, but the end result is nice. I wanted to soften it somehow, so I layered one coat of Nicole by OPI Dream Maker over top. I really like the effect, and it reminds me of a gold version of Essie's Pure Pearlfection. It's very subtle, just a soft golden glimmer when the light hits it. I you look closely you can see a bit of what looks like green and red micro-shimmer, but it's not evident just from glancing at it.




This is three coats of Essie Fiji, with one of NOPI Dream Maker. Base and top coat are also Essie. I think it makes a subtle pre-Valentine's day manicure, and I definitely like the shimmer Dream Maker adds to it.

...oh, who am I kidding? Looking back on this post, I'm yawning. This is a boring manicure, and it's begging for some glitter. In the meantime, here's a hilarious video of Darth Vader being a troll. Enjoy!



 The Lacquer Tracker

No comments:

Post a Comment