Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Zoya Astra and Valentine's Day Noms

My Valentine's Day lacquer of choice is Zoya Astra- a glittery masterpiece of a polish. I love the depth in this polish, thanks to the mixture of slightly lighter pink and more intense magenta/fuchsia glitter in a sheer hot pink base. This is 2 coats of Astra over one coat of OPI It's All Greek To Me (an opaque bright fuchsia). I used one coat of Seche Vite to finish it, and it's fairly smooth to the touch.



Here are bottle pics of my favourite Zoya glitters. From left to right, these are Roxy, Astra (shown above), and Nova. 


And for fun, here are some pictures of our Valentine's meal. Yes, that is heart-shaped salami. And yes, those are cinnamon hearts, gummy berry snacks, and pocky sticks. It was my way of injecting some festive Valentine's colour into our platter. Not pictured is the incredibly rich and satisfying french onion soup that accompanied this. I'm a firm believer that there are few things that caramelized onions cannot automatically make exponentially more delicious. 


Also: brownies! I cut heart shapes into a piece of paper and used it as an improvised stencil to create this patter with a dusting of icing sugar.


All in all, a great Valentine's Day. I hope yours was a good one, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment