Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect - Fog

Today I have another Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect lacquer to share with you; awhile ago I showed you Sorbet (a light peachy-orange), and Sea (a very pale sea-foam green), and today I have Fog. Fog is a pale white, with a subtle touch of pearly shimmer. It's only visible in certain lighting, but it gives it a lovely soft look. The overall effect is very pillowy. I'm extremely impressed that this covered so well, without being at all streaky! Normally pale white polishes are a streak-fest, but this is really nice.

This is three coats of Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect Fog:




While the formula was a bit runny and kind of tricky to apply, I was extremely happy to see that it was opaque in three coats, and covered the fairly bad staining on my nails. It also dried in good time, despite doing several thick coats, and feels very smooth to the touch. Overall, I continue to be unexpectedly impressed by the Smooth and Perfect line! They really do merit a try, if you're looking for a really well-done soft shade that isn't really streaky and super sheer. Definitely worth checking out!

What do you think of Fog? Have I talked you into trying something from the Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect line?

6 comments:

  1. I want to try Fog! I want a good white!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you try it, let me know what you think of it (better yet, blog about it and I'll read it)! ;)

      Delete
  2. I like the color, but I'm probably not going to buy, but then again, who knows, suddenly it might just sit there among my other polishes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nail lacquer has a way of doing that, doesn't it? ;)

      Delete
  3. I think I am definitely going to try some from this line based on your posts! This shade is lovely, a great neutral color with a bit of shimmer to help it from being too boring. I'm always looking for good neutral colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The entire line falls mostly into the category of good neutral/subtle colours, but with the benefit of some really nice pale shimmer. Let me know what one(s) you pick up, and what you think of them!

      Delete