Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Enchanted Polish Starbright Sparkles and NOPI One Less Lonely Glitter

Tonight I've got two different layering combinations shown over Zoya Bela, a pale pinky-peach jelly, to share with you. The first layering combo features Enchanted Polish's Starbright Sparkles. Starbright Sparkles features a sheer silvery holographic base containing a multitude of different coloured hexagonal glitters. This polish is definitely best layered because of the sheer base, and I think the holographic nature of this would be best displayed over a darker colour- I'll definitely be trying that next time. 




The second combination I have to show you is Nicole by OPI's One Less Lonely Glitter. This one is a delicate and pretty mixture of fine metallic pale purple glitter. What you see below is one coat over Zoya Bela.




If you recall, "One Less Lonely Glitter" is from the NOPI Justin Bieber collection which came out a couple years ago. Yes, a truly gag-worthy inspiration for a nail polish collection. Almost as bad as the Kardashian collections...


...but the truth is, while this lacquer is pretty enough, the reason I picked it up was so I had a reason to post this video. I hope you get a laugh out of it! 


6 comments:

  1. Both are beautiful, but I prefer the last one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love both of those layering combos! I am so bad at finding glitters to layer haha, you did a perfect job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's quite a compliment- sometimes I feel like I'm kinda bad at this, so it's nice to hear. :)

      Delete
  3. Despite being justin bieber I love the second combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree- best to ignore the Bieber-ness, I guess.

      Delete