Pirate Polish

This blog is the home of Pirate Polish! To see Pirate Polish swatches, click here. To visit Pirate Polish on Facebook, click here.

Monday, April 1, 2013

OPI - The Man With The Golden Gun

Tonight I've got OPI's The Man With The Golden Gun topcoat to share with you- while I couldn't justify shelling out the cash for this myself, I was pretty thrilled to find it in my stocking at Christmas. The gold flakes aren't very dense in this- what you see below is one coat over Zoya Marley. This is a pretty Easter look, but next time I think I'll try this over a darker colour (although I think I'll wait for a semi-special occasion... I can't help but think plastering gold leaf on your nails requires a special event- I guess grocery shopping doesn't quite count). 




I kind of think this is worth it based on the shiny golden bottle alone- it's like a trophy! Definitely the ideal gift for a nail fanatic. Did you buy into the gold flake topcoat trend this past season?

7 comments:

  1. this is so cool! i just wish the gold was more dense

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! I didn't want to do a bunch of coats, though- I need to conserve my gold flakes! :P

      Delete
  2. Nope have not gotten one myself...yet. I was actually thinking of making my own! You can buy those lose gold leaf papers from a crafts store and just crumble it up and add it to clear polish...just wondering how well that would work ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Careful if you do that. Don't put it all into a full bottle before you know if it will react with the base. George tried that once and it ended up loosing it's colour and turning the clear base an odd green.

      And I didn't buy any of these polishes.

      Delete
    2. I wonder where one obtains solvent resistant gold flakes... something to investigate, I suppose! Clearly they're out there somewhere...

      Delete
  3. It's definitely a lot more sparse than I thought it would be! The Pirate with the Golden Gun was definitely more interesting! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I'm glad you think so, Vivi!! :D I definitely had a lot of fun doing the description for that one, anyways. :D

      Delete